The Specifics of Exchange Server Support
September 28, 2021 No Comments
The Exchange Server support team has been active servicing all major customer problems with Exchange Server throughout the course of Exchange Server Support, which has been running since October 2021. Some of the issues were being worked on by users and others were being worked on internally by Microsoft through the end of July, with fixes being released though the beginning of February. When asked about Exchange Server support plans for the upcoming year, a Microsoft spokesperson said “Exchange Server is always evolving. In order to deliver new innovations, we need to invest in our technology. We will, though, have some basic product enhancements, such as:
- Adds additional storage capacity to the data lake. Microsoft is adding Exchange Server capabilities to the data lake to allow multiple virtualized mailboxes to be created within the cloud. Exchange Server will then use the cloud based mailbox to put email in order to protect company data and prevent downtime.
- Adds new features to Office 365 apps including Microsoft Office 365 business tools, as well as MS Word. The workflow app will now be able to import and save documents directly from the Exchange Server backup system. The infrastructure support team for the MS Office 365 suites will also be working on improving the document pick list for the Inbox by adding new ways for employees to organize their work habits. The company plans to add new apps and functionality to the suite through future updates.
- Integrates the Exchange Server and MS Office platforms more closely. Microsoft will be integrating its social networking tools, business intelligence and data analysis technologies with the Ex exchange. This will create a single source for information flow within both the organizations. It will also allow for more tailored functionality for Excel workflows and data mining for the social network. The integration will also create an environment where companies can look at their company workflow and determine where improvements can be made.
- Moves the Active Directory setup to Chicago for MS Exchange Server. The change was prompted by the move of the corporate headquarters to the Windy City. The company had been expanding its presence in Illinois since it acquired the brokerage firm Pinnacle last year. The acquisition of Pinnacle created a need for additional Active Directory infrastructure to support the company’s business. Chicago is the hub for data management services in the nation and it is where Microsoft will be putting its corporate headquarters.
- Brings together the information management and analytical tools of Pinnacle, Exchange Server and MS Office. The integration will allow the company to provide more tailored functionality for its employees when it comes to data management and analytics. The combination of the Exchange Server, MS Office and the big data analytics will enable organizations to make better decisions based on actual customer experiences. This will help the company make timely and accurate decisions that will improve the way it conducts business.
- Integrates with the rest of the organization through the exchange of big data. Microsoft expects the new configuration to further enhance the experience for its customers. With more in-house expertise on the matter and an increased understanding of the cloud environment, the company will be better positioned to handle the opportunities that come with the cloud. By combining the Exchange Server, MS Office 365 and other applications, it is expected to provide users with greater access and greater functionality when it comes to data lake management and other online business applications.
- Increases collaboration and productivity within groups. The integration will enable groups to use electronic white boards to facilitate more effective brainstorming sessions. This is ideal for making progress reports and planning future strategy meetings. The data warehousing and other technologies that are part of the integration will allow for the easy exchange of information, which will in turn, provide users with improved usability. In an effort to increase efficiency and productivity, the company will also be able to trim down on its IT costs, as it will no longer need to hire additional staff to handle the different aspects of big data analytics and data warehousing.